***August 2020 – Committee update re Covid 19***
As you are aware, due to COVID19, runs and coached sessions are not taking place as they normally would. However, due to recent changes with Government and England Athletics guidance, we are able to start reintroducing some structure, albeit with some necessary rules in place in order to keep us all safe and well. We will continue to review the situation and ensure that we are keeping in line with current government/EA guidance.
- New role – as a club, we are now required to have a COVID19 officer and we are delighted to announce that Andy Brack has volunteered for this important role. The Committee and Andy will work together to ensure the Club is compliant with Government and EA guidance.
- COVID secure environment – In order to be able to run in groups of more than 6, we must comply with guidance by having a “COVID secure environment”.
The committee met last week to discuss the current guidance and what it means for the club.The following outcomes are as follows:
See the Club Runs page for details.
You may still use the GDH facebook page to arrange your own Social Runs and invite along a maximum of 5 other runners. You must follow social distancing requirements.
Tuesday Coached Sessions
See the Club Runs page for details.
You must not join any coached session, or social run with others, if you are unwell and have any symptoms associated with COVID19 in the last 10 days
(below taken from https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/symptoms/)
- a high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
- a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
- a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you’ve noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal
Please also do not run if you have been in contact with anyone in the last 14 days who has COVID19 or COVID19 symptoms, or have been told to self isolate by NHS Test and Trace.
Before leaving home
Follow all hygiene guidance including washing your hands frequently.
Training and coaching
Do not congregate before or after training sessions and return home. Please maintain social distancing during a run and please also be mindful of others when running (eg. passing pedestrians).
After a Coached Session
You must inform the club (committee member) if you test positive for COVID19 or have any symptoms of COVID19 within the 14 days after the session.
What happens if someone who has been to training tests positive for COVID19?
They will contact the club and we will inform the individuals who participated in the same session regarding the positive test.
Glossopdale Harriers is a well established and friendly running club based in the old market town of Glossop in the High Peak District of North West Derbyshire.
We are active in road, fell, trail and cross country running, and our members organise regular local runs on the roads and fells that cater for all abilities.
Glossop is surrounded by hills and many of the members like to get up onto the edges and high moors of Bleaklow, Shelf Moor, Kinder, Glossop Low and the Nab to name a few.
We organise two local fell races: the Herod Farm race and the John Hewitt Memorial Shelf Moor race. The Shelf Moor race was a counter in the Fell Running English Championships in 2010 and was re-named in 2018 to commemorate John Hewitt, long standing member and Chair of Glossopdale Harriers. This is our way of putting back something into the sport in return for all the pleasure we get out of it.
Alternatively just come along to one of the club runs at 7pm every Thursday evening. See the Club Runs page for details of our sessions.
For club members, we use our club Facebook page to pass on information about club runs, races (especially transport), arrangements for away weekends and general running related activities. Follow the link below to see how to sign up