GLOSSOPDALE HARRIERS CLUB CHAMPIONSHIP 2022
Welcome to the 2022 the GDH Club Championships!
Based on the success of 2021, feedback from members and COVID uncertainty, this year the Champs will be a based upon monthly time trails, but a few of them do coincide with real life races, so here you have the option! We hope there is a little something for everyone in the events on offer and we would love to repeat the record level of participation we saw during 2021.
- 10 monthly races (3 races in each discipline – Road, Trail and Fell plus an Ultra)
- 2 anytime challenges
- To qualify for the overall Champs, you must complete at least 5 races plus one anytime challenge. All qualifiers will receive a limited edition GDH gift!
- The overall champion (one for each gender and age category), will be award to the individuals who accumulate the most points
- To qualify as a discipline winner, you must complete all 3 events, e.g., all 3 Fell races
- The Ultra counts only towards Overall (i.e. not a discipline)
- Prizes available – MSenior, M40, M50, M60, M70, FSenior, F40, F50, F60, F70, applicable in each Overall, Fell, Road & Trail (40 prizes up for grabs!). NOTE: For the whole years champs please enter your category based on your age at 31/11/22
- Times will be collected for each month and then given a ranking depending on how many people took part. For example, if 30 FSenior and MSenior do Hyde 7 in June, the fastest in each will receive 30 points, 2nd will receive 29 and so on.
- In months where there is a real-life race, participants can choose to enter the actual event or run the route at any time during the same month.
- The Champs will commence on February 1st, and finish on November 30th.
|Month||Race||Type||Race or TT?||Distance||Map / Notes||GPX File||Strava Segment||Race Entry Link|
|Feb||David Bray Memorial Race||Trail||TT||8m / 13k||Link||Download||Link||–|
|Mar||Glossop Fell Race||Fell||TT||19m / 30k||Link||Suggested||–||–|
|Apr||Every Little Helps 5k||Road||TT||3m / 5k||Open||Download||Link||–|
|May||GDH Multi-terrain Ultra||Ultra||TT||30m / 48k||Open||Fell (suggested)|
|Jun||Hyde 7||Road||Either||7m / 11k||NA||Download||Link||19/06/2022|
|Jul||Black Knight Charge||Trail||Either||6m / 10k||NA||Download||Link||27/07/2022|
|Aug||Derwent Valley Round||Trail||TT||15m / 24k||Open||Download||–||–|
|Sep||Bleaklow Blitz||Fell||Either||8m / 13k||NA||Download||Link||11/09/2022|
|Oct||GDH 10k Reverse||Road||TT||6m / 10k||Open||Download||Link||–|
|Nov||Herod Farm||Fell||TT||3m / 5k||Link||Download||Link||–|
THE ANYTIME CHALLENGES
|Month||Challenge||Type||Distance||Map / Notes||GPX File||Strava Segment|
|Anytime||GDH Downhill Mile||Road||1m / 1.6k||Open||Download||Link|
|Anytime||Marple Parkrun||Trail||3m / 5k||Link||Download||Link|
The rules of the Championship are simple.
- Play fair and be honest
- Prioritise safety over race time
- For fell routes we strongly recommend you to run with a partner or group, however this is not mandatory
- Be mindful of road crossing, other users of the road and trail, take headtorches and wear hi-viz when necessary
- Follow all relevant guidelines
- COVID – Welcome to GOV.UK (www.gov.uk) and COVID-19 Documentation | glossopdaleharriers (wordpress.com)
- Fell events – mandatory kit fellrunner.org.uk
- Countryside Code – The Countryside Code – GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
- Follow GPX routes provided. In the spirit of rule number 1, if you deviate from the route and this leads to a time advantage, please adjust your submission time accordingly. Equally do not rely on the GPX as your sole means of navigation, familiarise yourself with the route and take a map and compass for fell and potentially trail events.
- For any given route or challenge, if any of the rules are not complied with, the competitor may face disqualification from that event.
We are working to create a separate Champs for our Juniors, and this is likely to start in April. Watch this space!
As there is no requirement to enter any actual races to participate in the Champs, there is the option to make a voluntary donation to Glossop Mountain Rescue Team.
If you wish to do so, then CLICK HERE
THE 2022 CHAMPS SUB-COMMITTEE