- Social – It’s more fun running in a group! The miles can tick away without you realising as you run and chat.
- Safety – It’s safer running in a group and you can be seen more easily on dark winter nights.
- Encouragement – We are a friendly club which tries to encourage everyone. We are not a big club whose only focus is on winning.
- Regular Runs – We have regular weekly club runs. Tuesdays and Thursdays at 7pm at the Leisure Centre. Monday speed sessions. Other less formal runs include Saturday and Sunday social runs, Tuesday hill work, and smaller groups training for specific events such as spring marathons.
- Variety – As a club we run on road, trail and fell. We explore most of the local area and it’s a great way to get to know the local fells and even to improve your navigation skills.
- Competition – Whatever your ability, you will find others at a similar level to help push you to achieve your goals.
- Camaraderie – Whether it’s social running in a group, meeting fellow club members at races, being part of one of the relay teams we enter, meeting for non-running social events, or spending a weekend or a week away at some new running spot (Scotland, Switzerland, Wales, Shropshire to name a few recent locations) there is great camaraderie within the club.
- Advice – Receive advice with others on running related matters such as training, equipment, routes, etc.
- Subsidised affiliation – Get discounts on England Athletics affiliated races.
- Style – Who can resist the famous blue and orange vests, shirts or bobble hats? One member even had a car in club colours!
Ready to take the plunge? Apply now!