- Social – It’s more fun running in a group! The miles can tick away without you realising as you run and chat.
- Safety – It’s safer running in a group and you can be seen more easily on dark winter nights.
- Encouragement – We are a friendly club which tries to encourage everyone. We are not a big club whose only focus is on winning.
- Regular Runs – We have regular weekly club runs. Tuesdays and Thursdays at 7pm at the Leisure Centre and a Coached Session every Tuesday evening at 6:45 (various locations). Other less formal runs include Saturday and Sunday social runs, Smaller groups training for specific events such as spring marathons.
- Variety – As a club we run on road, trail and fell. We explore most of the local area and it’s a great way to get to know the local fells and even to improve your navigation skills.
- Competition – Whatever your ability, you will find others at a similar level to help push you to achieve your goals.
- Camaraderie – Whether it’s social running in a group, meeting fellow club members at races, being part of one of the relay teams we enter, meeting for non-running social events, or spending a weekend or a week away at some new running spot (Scotland, Switzerland, Wales, Shropshire to name a few recent locations) there is great camaraderie within the club.
- Advice – Receive advice with others on running related matters such as training, equipment, routes, etc.
- Subsidised affiliation – Get discounts on England Athletics affiliated races.
- Style – Who can resist the famous blue and orange vests, shirts or bobble hats? One member even had a car in club colours!
Ready to take the plunge? Apply now!