The Coached Sessions are open to all Glossopdale Harriers and those who are thinking about becoming a member and would like to try out for a few weeks. They offer a wide range of interval training sessions including hill reps, threshold sets, race pace training, progression runs etc. as well as exercises to improve running technique and posture.
Its main aim is to add variety to your running training by offering a range of reps and interval training session. This will make a runner stronger, more efficient, reduce the risk of injuries and ultimately run faster for longer.
We meet every Tuesday evening at 6:45. The location alternates between:
- Turning Circle of Green Lane in Simmondley
- Corner of Pennine Road and Simmondley Lane at Coop Food in Simmondley
- Corner of Hurst Cresent (aka Dutch Corner) and Shirebrook Drive in Glossop
- Corner of North Road and Park Crescent (top of Howard Park) in Glossop
- Lower Barn Road at The Chieftain pub in Hadfield.
You are advised to bring a stopwatch and on darker nights a head torch. Reflective and/or Hi-Viz clothing when on the roads is mandatory!
Specific information for each session is sent out on the Glossopdale Harriers Facebook page.
This is where you can find us up until the end of February 2020:
- 10 Dec: Hill reps in Simmondley. (meet at Coop Food on the corner Pennine Rd and Simmondley Lane, Simmondley
- 17 Dec: REINDEER CHALLENGE! Simmondley trail (meet at turning circle at end of Green Lane, Simmondley)
- 24 Dec: Christmas Eve. Day off for all (except Will Mather)
- 31 Dec: New Year’s Eve. Another day off for all. (Same exception as above).
- 7 Jan 2020: Hurst Crescent, aka Dutch Corner. (meet on corner Hurst Crescent and Shirebrook Drive, Glossop).
- 14 Jan: Simmondley trail (meet at turning circle at end of Green Lane, Simmondley)
- 21 Jan North Road; Glossop. Hill reps. (meet on the corner of North Road and Park Crescent, Glossop)
- 28 Jan: Glossopdale Community Running Track
- 4 Feb: Lower Barn Road; Hadfield (meet at Chieftain pub)
- 11 Feb: Glossopdale Community Running Track 18 Feb: Hill reps in Simmondley. (meet at Coop Food on the corner Pennine Rd and Simmondley Lane, Simmondley
- 25 Feb Glossopdale Community Running Track
The start is always 6:45 pm. ALL members of ALL abilities are very welcome. If not sure or have concerns and want to discuss with me, feel free to get in touch. If you have a niggle, injury or another health issue, please speak to me prior to the start of the session.
This chart can help you to give an indication of what time you are capable of in a distance you may not have done before, based on a known time in another distance. I also use it to set individual target times for intervals during the Coached Sessions on Tuesdays.